Disability Exemption Evaluation for U.S. Citizenship
Dr. Giardino: Immigration Psychologist for N-648 Disability Exemption Evaluations in New York
Dr. Giardino is a leading specialist in psychological evaluations for immigration purposes.
He is experienced with situations where individuals are in the process of naturalization to become U.S. citizens. In some cases, it is critical to get an exemption from the U.S. citizenship test if you are unable to take it for medical reasons.
- He speaks Spanish and works well with people from different backgrounds, especially those from Mexico, Central America, and South America.
- He teams up with attorneys throughout the Tri-State area.
- He conducts comprehensive neuropsychological testing to assist in diagnosing your condition. If you’ve never received a diagnosis, this testing is critical to aid in obtaining an exemption from taking the citizenship test.
Why Are N-648 Evaluations in Immigration Cases So Important?
USCIS requires that someone be able to learn English and U.S. civics. If someone has a medical condition that prevents them from learning English, an N-648 evaluation is helpful to explain why they cannot meet this requirement.
Medical conditions include, but are not limited to: intellectual disability, learning impairment, traumatic brain injury (TBI), Alzheimer’s disease, or other forms of dementia.
Reasons Why Learning English May Be Difficult:
- Did you not get very far in school?
- Have you ever had a head injury, such as at work?
- Has your memory declined as you’ve aged?
N-648 Evaluations Can Help in Obtaining an Exemption from the Citizenship Test
N-648 evaluations can be done by a medical doctor, doctor of osteopathy, or a licensed clinical psychologist.
If you have never had a diagnosis, a psychologist might be the best way to ensure you have a successful application. Licensed psychologists are trained to conduct neuropsychological testing in order to diagnose learning problems and cognitive or intellectual disabilities.
An immigration officer may deny a N-648 application for insufficiency of evidence, typically from an unsupported diagnosis. This is where neuropsychological testing is key.
Ensure you have the appropriate testing from a psychologist to support your need for an exemption.
Get Help Obtaining an Exemption From the Citizenship Test With anN-648 Evaluation
You can reach out to Dr. Giardino, a Clinical Psychologist with expertise in helping U.S. residents to obtain exemptions (N-648 disability waiver) from the citizenship test.
I’d love to find out what I can help you with.
Call 347-709-9650 or email me for a consultation.