B.S. (honors) – Fordham University
M.S.Ed. – University of Pennsylvania
Ph.D. – Fordham University
Candidate in Psychoanalysis – NYU Postdoctoral Program in Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis
Advanced Training: pain disorders, trauma, cognitive rehabilitation for head injuries, neuropsychological evaluations, immigration evaluations
Affiliations: American Psychological Association
- James J. Peters VA Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Montefiore Family Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Nathan Kline Institute, Orangeburg, NY
- University of Pennsylvania, Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety, Philadelphia, PA
- National Institute of Perinatology, Mexico City, MX
- Fray Bernardino Álvarez Psychiatric Hospital, Mexico City, MX
Select Publications and Presentations
- Giardino, J., Keitel, M. A., Patelis, T., Takooshiam, H. (2017). The impact of weight stigma on decisions about weight loss surgery. Stigma and Health. Advance online publication. doi:10.1037/sah0000115
- Giardino, J. C., & Procidano, M. E. (2012). Muscle dysmorphia symptomatology: A cross-cultural study in Mexico and the United States. International Journal of Men’s Health, 11, 83–103. doi:10.3149/jmh.1101.83
- Giardino, J. C., Black, N. N., Donald, H. F., Rukmini, B. V., & Takooshian, H. (2011). Public attitudes toward the ethics of organ donation. Journal of Social Distress, 20, 52–74. doi:10.1179/105307811805365034
- Giardino, J. (2018, February). Core components of trauma from a psychoanalytic perspective. Presentation at Counseling and Psychological Services, Fordham University, New York, NY.
- Giardino, J. C. (2016, March). Trauma and clinical structures in Lacanian theory. Presentation at the Psychological Services Institute Trauma Grand Rounds, Fordham University, New York, NY.
- Giardino, J. C., Keitel, M., Ammendola, E., Platt, A., Meinhardt Selkirk, A. (2013, August). The experiences of bariatric surgery patients in the first year post-surgery. Poster presentation at the 2013 APA Annual Convention, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Giardino, J. C. (2013, March). Eating and body image issues in the bariatric surgery community: Post-surgery recovery and beyond. Symposium presentation at the 2013 Annual Convention of the Eastern Psychological Association, New York, NY.